Haldibari municipality is situated in the western side of Cooch Behar District and in located in 26.330 North & 88.770 East. Haldibari Town is the blocks headquarter of Haldibari block under Mekhliganj Sub-Division of Coochbehar District.
The annals of Haldibari depicts that formerly it was a land mark of ancient civilization and trade center. The Teesta River and its direction have settled the prosperity of trade, commerce, transport and finally the geographical location of Haldibari town.
Haldibari town Committee established in the year 1898 was upgraded in the status of Municipality on 26th Nov.,1984 and now known as Haldibari Municipality.